Why did you start?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
Guest oognoko

On Cartoon Network, Toonami used to do game reviews. A game they reviewed was Infection and Mutation. This was before Outbreak was released. I had started watching the anime, and after an episode they showed the review. Went to a local Gamestop, bought a used copy of Infection for $15 (great condition, still had Liminality inside), and been hooked since. I found that a lot of "average" gamers a.k.a. the little kids who think they are hardcore enough to play a heavy game but really should stick to their Mario Kart and Movie Rip Games (not implying anything about those genres... PLEASE DON'T HURT ME!) would buy .Hack// games, find that you just can't start Mutation, Quarantine, and especially Redemption without playing the others. So, they promptly return it, and four days after Redemption's release I got it for less then $40. Pristine Condition.

I have read some of the books, some manga, watched the anime, and of course played the games. Peace.

• 1 year later...

i started because i was bored of my old games and my sisters friend(who tells her all about good games) told me about .hack//infection, i still had bad habits of easy games so i couldnt get very far in it, i then skipped to G.U.(lol) until i learned how strategy works, then before i beat G.U. i went back to .hack// and beat all games, then i beat GU vol.1 by starting over again, then i watched all //sign episodes on the internet because by the time i liked .hack, //sign was long gone. then i watched liminality and beat the other two G.U. games, i then read G.U.+ vol.1, then i read xxxx vol.1 then i read the rest of G.U.+ and xxxx(in between there i tried legend of the twilight, i never watched it again). i read A.I buster, and now im working on A.I. buster 2

The first time I ever heard about dothack was .hack//SIGN in Adult Swim's Cartoon Network before, when it shows its first episode of the series. At first it was nice, but then that cute cat Macha appeared, so I continued watching it towards the very end. I started to learn more about it online and its other franchises. Since 2003 to Today, dothack was one of my favorite anime/manga/videogame category listed.

For me, I started to watch .hack//SIGN on Cartoon Network every now-and-then late at night; normally the same handful of episodes due to the long periods in which I went without catching it on. Didn't even know the name of it, at the time. Then, my brother brought the game home one day, and we started to play it. Instantly hooked. Wikipedia'd it, just to read up on it, find out if there was more in the franchise, etc. From there, got into the anime, a lil of the manga, and even the books about one of Aura's daughters, and about how Balmung and Orca got their titles. XD Then comes G.U. which I saw a horrible-quality preview leaked on the internet for, no subs, so I thought Haseo was the badguy, and that Kite had come to wtfpwn him. A lil disappointing that the real Kite wasn't there, would've been fun to have seen the ultimate BA come back to own everything. >.> Maybe based on previous data, lol!

i started after i saw .hack//sign for the first time, i realy enjoyed the idea of a anime about people playing in a virtual game online with others.

That is one of the great things about .Hack

It is so unique ^^ plus being a gamer, I was really dragged into the series just for that :D

balmung told me about the games ages ago, then ages after that (still ages ago now though lol) i decided to check out sign, which also was my first "real" anime i watched

Cool hack sign was my first show i watched out of the dot hack series as will sorry for the argument and what not XD haha i am trying to make a tails profile but i cant seem to for some reason i made 1 account and wanted to change my mind and made the tails account it says you cant make multiple accounts???? thats confusing

• 2 weeks later...

balmung told me about the games ages ago, then ages after that (still ages ago now though lol) i decided to check out sign, which also was my first "real" anime i watched

Cool hack sign was my first show i watched out of the dot hack series as will sorry for the argument and what not XD haha i am trying to make a tails profile but i cant seem to for some reason i made 1 account and wanted to change my mind and made the tails account it says you cant make multiple accounts???? thats confusing

its not THAT confusing

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I woke up one knight and I saw a dont hack anime on ( forgot witch one it was though ) And I stayed up watching it and feel in love with it and was like if theres an mmorpg like this i would so play it. So I started watching the anime online and was so happy i found it I was totally in love with it! Then I started looking for a game just like it and i didnt find any so i just started play regular mmorpg's and to my amazment I loved them ( My first time ever playing an mmorpg ) and now about a few years later on on this fourm loving haseo and Kite and all the other characters of dot hack. i got the accesories and posters and all the games and manga's and almost anything you can name about dot hack. And thats how my addiction to dont hack started. :3