WhiteKnight Gaming

Hey everyone. I recently opened (about 2 hours ago.) with the backing of Riot Games a new community site based on incentivizing gameplay. Tons of prizes and all kinds of fun stuff so be sure to check it out! Or at the very least, click the "like" at the top of the page! Don't be strangers. Here's the full writeup;

http://www.whiteknight-gaming.com

Today WhiteKnight Gaming proudly opens it's doors to family, friends, and friends of friends for our soft opening.

This is a project I have been working on for quite some time and recent negotiations have allowed me to launch with a great amount of support.

WhiteKnight Gaming is a community designed to incentivize gamers to not only play actively, but participate as part of a community. Prizes, tournaments, and events will be a constant. Along with launch today are two events, one is a month long Riot Points give away, the second is a full blown League Of Legends Event with a slew of cash and prizes courtesy of Riot Games. I encourage everyone to come visit, sign up, and participate in the many events we have to come. If you're not interested in the gaming aspect, but still wish to show your support, you can help out just by clicking the facebook "like" link at the top of the website, and by sharing the website with any friends who might be interested. They'll be sure to thank you when their prizes start rolling in!

We open today with League of Legends, but will be expanding in the coming months to include World Of Warcraft, Rift, Diablo III, Starcraft II: HotS, and ofcourse Guildwars 2.

As each segment of the website is opened it will be accompanied by a community event full of prizes relating to that specific game. Thankyou in advance for all of your support!

I look forward to seeing you all in game!

http://www.whiteknight-gaming.com

Edited by Rhapsodiac
  • 2 weeks later...

I really have no idea what you base calling my advertising practices "shady" on... I wanted to share what I was doing with a community that would be interested. (A community I used to help administer.)

I commend you on trying to do detective work for the GDU community, but you've honestly got it all wrong... That thread above that you linked is from the official wKG (WhiteKnight Gaming) LoL team and has no relation to the event which I am running, other than the fact that I am also the one who founded the team to begin with. They bump it constantly as 10 minutes after it is bumped, it falls to the second page. If you look up each player in that thread, you will see that they are all level 30 1500+ ELO players... Hardly multiple fake accounts.

As for having the backing of Riot, I don't know what to say other than "Rumble in the Rift" is a Riot sanctioned event. I correspond with the director of e-sports via e-mail, not on the LoL forums. They have been more than generous in providing me with all kinds of RP, and other goodies to give away, including Triumphant Ryze skins that can ONLY be gained through Riot sanctioned events... I've also been giving away RP all month long.

I don't play for my teams, I run the community. I also have a Streetfighter x Tekken team, a Dota 2 team, and am currently putting together a 2nd LoL team, followed by a Diablo 3 Progression based team starting this weekend..

I think that before you ever started pointing the finger, and attempted to call someones bluff, you should have done some ACTUAL research or attempted contact, rather than trying to defame good character, as it will only come back to bite you in the bum in the long run.

As for the actual website itself, it is completely community driven, and funded by me. It is a project I have been working on since I finished the .hack forum theme with gm112 here on GDU, and I was able to open it to the public on the 2nd of this month.

If you have any more questions I would be more than happy to answer them, all that I ask in return is that you be more respectful in the future.

Edited by Rhapsodiac

Glad to hear you're still being active with this sort of stuff ^^

(I have no idea about any problems, but I also have no reason/counter proof to not believe what is written here. If anything is fake though, it'll end up of badly by its self in the long run of course.)

Hey! Thanks buddy. I guess with gaming as a passion and PC Gaming going the direction it is, doing something like this just made sense.

gm and I had also tossed around the idea for working on an achievement system for SNES roms, however due to time constraints on both of our behalves, and an estimated completion time of 1yr or so due to complexity, the idea was (at least temporarily) shelved. I decided that in order to better understand the programming side of things I'd study some programming myself, and started with java, which combined with my interest in LoL and the MOBA genre in general some how transitioned from me wanting to play as part of a proffessional team, to esentially orchestrating and running multiple across an array of genres in a very short time. Heh, I haven't even really had time to play many games myself since everything really got rolling to be honest.

To the best of my knowledge everything is legitimate, lol... I think it has become "reddit" mentality to second guess everything, and assume the worst unless proven otherwise, but I guess this IS the internet so you really can't blame people out to protect others...

As always, I do what I do because I enjoy it. I love games, I love being a part of an online community, and now I find myself running one, and being able to give back to gamers simultaneously. This experience has really made me realize that our own minds are the biggest blockades on what we can and cannot achieve. To leave one final quote here for anyone who cares to read it; "100% of the shots you don't take, don't go in." This quote has been my guide. No one likes being on the recieving end of rejection, but if you don't make an attempt, the outcome is the exact same as failing. You can only benefit from chances that you take.

Edited by Rhapsodiac

Perhaps I was wrong, but that kind of advertising technique by anybody screams that it's less than legitimate. That thread combined with a general lack of evidence to support the "backed by Riot Games" claim would generally be more than enough to come to my conclusion - though perhaps the blame lies on the lack of any sort of apparent user distinction (no avatars, everybody in that thread is listed as a Junior Member) on the League forums. "Backed by Riot Games" implies a lot more to me than simply providing RP for the event, and I was expecting some form of official endorsement to be shown.

So I do apologize for a somewhat hasty conclusion, but the content on which my conclusion was based is generally the same type of advertising seen in use by those attempting to start up communities with little experience or even capability.

This thread, specifically, was directed at people I know, or know me, through the hundreds, and hundreds of hours I've spent working alongside Luke and gm, and even the long absent Rutao on various projects simply because I wanted to aid in this community reaching new heights. I wouldn't even class it as a genuine advert, it was an invitation to come check things out, combined with the generic message that was posted on facebook for friends and family.

Backing was really just a word that seemed to fit what I was trying to say and was intended to imply that I was given a ton of stuff by Riot to aid in the kickstarting of a community to help encourage early growth and prosperity. Which is exactly what I'd asked for when I began corresponding with their director of e-sports (Eric Tipton) last month. RP, Champion Skin Bundles, and Triumphant Ryze skins (awarded only to those who place 1st in Riot sanctioned events.) was more than I could have asked for.

Regarding the thread, only LoL staff have avatars. The posters in the thread have between 200, and 1400 wins, "Junior Member" refers to forum activity exclusively. The thread that you found is not to be confused with an invitation to the website, as it is an invitation to contact them if you're interested in playing a support or AD Carry on their team, two positions which the thread succeeded in delivering them quality players. "ViperWire" might be a troll to his teammates, and even in his recruitment threads, but he is also one of the best Junglers I have ever seen, and one of the most polite players you could ever hope run into in a game. They run their team how they want to, and that is what I encourage them to do. My role is to provide them a "home base", as well as both financial and representational support. If they want to post off the wall ridiculous recruitment threads full of nonsensical text, I give them my blessing as I would rather them have fun and play well, than be serious and play well. That thread generates between 10-20 interested players A DAY, when bumped, contacting Velazul and Viperwire for tryouts. Their team, and my events run completely parallel to one another with no overlap. They are completely independant of one another, and the only time I engage in team affairs now is when they need something.

I hope this adds more clarity to your view on things. I understand what you're trying to do, and what you're trying to justify however without a full understanding you risk putting yourself in a negative spotlight.

Don't think that I am condemning you, or have any animosity towards you as that simply is not how I operate. In a forum the only tool I really have is text, and it does a very poor job of conveying anything outside of expressionless robotic un-emotion. I admire your disposition, and have nothing but respect for anyone who is defensive of their community. My biggest regret in the entirety this situation is that I don't currently have a position I could invite you to fill.

Not that you'd take it, but someday the invitation will be there.

Don't change.

Edited by Rhapsodiac