Sign in to follow this  
GreenMuzic

About classes...

Got a estimate...of how long?

Dead project. ;p That's why everything was released, including the source code. That's to the project that was meant to replace TheWorld.. but I believe the classes document is buried somewhere in that post. If it isn't, then you're gonna have to request permission from Luke to gain access to it. I assumed he released it with the DreamEternal stuff, but who knows.

EDIT: And by classes, I mean classes for TheWorld, not DreamEternal. But I might have the two mixed up in regards to which doc was released.

Edited by gm112

Dead project. ;p That's why everything was released, including the source code. That's to the project that was meant to replace TheWorld.. but I believe the classes document is buried somewhere in that post. If it isn't, then you're gonna have to request permission from Luke to gain access to it. I assumed he released it with the DreamEternal stuff, but who knows.

EDIT: And by classes, I mean classes for TheWorld, not DreamEternal. But I might have the two mixed up in regards to which doc was released.

So there was basically no point in playing ''The world if no classes or monsters will be..released...??

So there was basically no point in playing ''The world if no classes or monsters will be..released...??

At this point, I'd agree, yes. What's on the game currently wouldn't make sense to the player anyways since it was part of an on-going event where the story was being revealed slowly, but the relevant references are lost in obscurity on this site(they're still there, but you have to dig to find em and even then, you might not put the pieces together)..

From experience, I think the .hack community is simply one of those "cursed" communities that are doomed to fall. Bandai and CyberConnects2 really hasn't done much to the series in the last 6 years aside release a few side-titles, but they didn't have as much of an impact as the series did back in the early 2000s and I can definitely tell that there's a difference. .hack was more mainstream back in the day, now its community has contracted back to the die-hard fans and some stragglers.

That being said, I don't mean to piss on your fun.. you could always try and do something yourself, or you can just look for something else. Life goes on. Come to think of it, it's impossible to "play" TheWorld anyways. Even Hawthorneluke's implementation has no playable elements aside from the role-playing. Hmmm...

• Like 1

At this point, I'd agree, yes. What's on the game currently wouldn't make sense to the player anyways since it was part of an on-going event where the story was being revealed slowly, but the relevant references are lost in obscurity on this site(they're still there, but you have to dig to find em and even then, you might not put the pieces together)..

From experience, I think the .hack community is simply one of those "cursed" communities that are doomed to fall. Bandai and CyberConnects2 really hasn't done much to the series in the last 6 years aside release a few side-titles, but they didn't have as much of an impact as the series did back in the early 2000s and I can definitely tell that there's a difference. .hack was more mainstream back in the day, now its community has contracted back to the die-hard fans and some stragglers.

That being said, I don't mean to piss on your fun.. you could always try and do something yourself, or you can just look for something else. Life goes on. Come to think of it, it's impossible to "play" TheWorld anyways. Even Hawthorneluke's implementation has no playable elements aside from the role-playing. Hmmm...

Well i am a big time rp lover..., i guess ill stick around and see what mysteries i can find in this world :)!

actually movie and new game soon ;p

• Like 1

^^ Ah.. I knew about the game, but movie? News to me! Will have to keep that one noted. Seems 2012's gonna be an interesting year for movies. o_O

i even made a forum post about it >.>

ololol umad? Nah, I probably either skimmed it or didn't read it. Who knows, doesn't really matter at this point

To put things simply, the game as of right now is pretty much a "chat game", where you can move around and chat with others in various areas. There was work on all sorts of other stuff (design, graphics and code wise), so you could battle and so it'd be more RPG like, but things haven't managed to more that far in quite some time now, unfortunately, so I'm afraid you'll have to appreciate this game for what it is, a simple chat game.

At this point, I'd agree, yes. What's on the game currently wouldn't make sense to the player anyways since it was part of an on-going event where the story was being revealed slowly, but the relevant references are lost in obscurity on this site(they're still there, but you have to dig to find em and even then, you might not put the pieces together).. From experience, I think the .hack community is simply one of those "cursed" communities that are doomed to fall. Bandai and CyberConnects2 really hasn't done much to the series in the last 6 years aside release a few side-titles, but they didn't have as much of an impact as the series did back in the early 2000s and I can definitely tell that there's a difference. .hack was more mainstream back in the day, now its community has contracted back to the die-hard fans and some stragglers. That being said, I don't mean to piss on your fun.. you could always try and do something yourself, or you can just look for something else. Life goes on. Come to think of it, it's impossible to "play" TheWorld anyways. Even Hawthorneluke's implementation has no playable elements aside from the role-playing. Hmmm...

so true... its sad that it is this way :( but ive been trying to gather all the .hack fans to one place mabey here cause its quiet ( for now) and in a part of the net that you wont find if you arnt looking, or mabey facebook cause honestly small sites like this one usulally get like shut down from time to time, someone revives it and noone comes back and it gets shut down again. well i'll be a .hack fan till the day i die. ive only played number 4 quarrentine when i picked it up from a pawn shop about a year and a half ago but ive beat that game 100% all items collected, watched .hack//sign and .hack//quantum and i bitch and whine to CC everyday about how they should remaster those original 4 games for a new console or rerun sign on cartoon network like they once did. well like i said before ill be trying to revive .hack till the day i die or it kills me. im only 16 so im gonna be at this for a while! thanks for making the bbs game vangard! and to all who want to join the "dothackers" page on facebook is the largest collection of .hack fans on the net as of now. c ya when i see ya! :)

ok.

To put things simply, the game as of right now is pretty much a "chat game", where you can move around and chat with others in various areas. There was work on all sorts of other stuff (design, graphics and code wise), so you could battle and so it'd be more RPG like, but things haven't managed to more that far in quite some time now, unfortunately, so I'm afraid you'll have to appreciate this game for what it is, a simple chat game.

get back to work. :P

@CubiaRemains

I wouldn't give this place up for dead quite yet. I've been here for 3 years and it was going for 4 years when I got here.

@Crim

agree.

so true... its sad that it is this way :( but ive been trying to gather all the .hack fans to one place mabey here cause its quiet ( for now) and in a part of the net that you wont find if you arnt looking, or mabey facebook cause honestly small sites like this one usulally get like shut down from time to time, someone revives it and noone comes back and it gets shut down again. well i'll be a .hack fan till the day i die. ive only played number 4 quarrentine when i picked it up from a pawn shop about a year and a half ago but ive beat that game 100% all items collected, watched .hack//sign and .hack//quantum and i bitch and whine to CC everyday about how they should remaster those original 4 games for a new console or rerun sign on cartoon network like they once did. well like i said before ill be trying to revive .hack till the day i die or it kills me. im only 16 so im gonna be at this for a while! thanks for making the bbs game vangard! and to all who want to join the "dothackers" page on facebook is the largest collection of .hack fans on the net as of now. c ya when i see ya! :)

i dont want more spam on my facebook so i wont join ;v