9rjiu.jpg

So have any of you ever read/watched the Berserk series? I didn't read the manga, but back in the days of 56k(2003/early 04 I think it was), I watched the anime which followed the first ark (remembers good ol' divx back when it didn't suck and being absolutely devasted by the last episode ;- ;) Apparently there's a studio releasing three movies, one of them coming out next month in Japan, for Berserk covering the entire manga!

Anyone excited?! If you have no idea what Berserk is then I suggest you go and check it out. But be forewarned, it is definitely not for kids. There's a lot of gore, violence, sex, etc, etc...The story, characters, both are just well-thought out and developed... also, Guts is a badass. ;D I'm literally having trouble summarizing how awesome this series is. >_< ...It's probably better just to check some place for a brief plot synopsis, given that I haven't read/heard of the series in so many years.

The opening has sweet music, by the way..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK89p1Eeu8Q

Well, anyone excited like I am? Given that the movies will just follow the manga, I don't think there's a point in just going in reading quite this minute. Or maybe there is.. I dunno. (could find time, perhaps, to read the manga after work?)

EDIT:

http://anidb.net/per...ow=anime&aid=98

AniDB Entry for great justice. :D ^^

Edited by gm112

Yeah, life's a bitch. I somehow manage to keep on doing what I love even though things keep on coming up... perhaps at the cost of sleep (still writes code at 3AM)? At least you have an idea of what I mean, though.

@Crim:

You're a red.

Anyways, yeah. Great anime, apparently great manga to go along with it. I've never been a manga person but that's only because I've _never_ actually given manga a chance. Hard to believe that this series has been running since the 80s and there have been people who have followed it all of that time. o_O

• 2 weeks later...

I love berserk!

you should read the manga. a lot happens after the anime.

in fact, i think it's the only manga i've ever bothered to read after watching the anime O.o

Yeah, I'm aware a lot happens. ;p There are differences from the manga. vs. the old anime as well. Apparently the movies are going to try to follow the manga as a 1:1 adoption(I'll believe it when I see it).

yes. originally i intended to start the manga from where the anime left off. it was difficult to adapt to the changes so rapidly.

i do however think the anime is well done. I don't like what Griffith looks like in this new one coming out though. he looks more like his manga adaptation, and that's not a good thing.

yes. originally i intended to start the manga from where the anime left off. it was difficult to adapt to the changes so rapidly.

i do however think the anime is well done. I don't like what Griffith looks like in this new one coming out though. he looks more like his manga adaptation, and that's not a good thing.

I guess they didn't want to get the trolls yelling "LOLOLO SEPHIROTH" when Griffith was designed nearly a decade before Final Fantasy VII was even conceived. ;p

how far did you read?

when i continued the manga from where it was left off from the anime it was polished and very fluent to read.

i'm rereading starting from ch.1 now, but other then rougher drawings it seems fine? XP

Edited by Apeiron

Well ive read over 1000+ different manga.. its not the first i powered through. I read random stuff just cause i can. RIght now im actually finding it very very difficult to find a manga i want to read. Yanno one i havent found yet, not the stuff that updates once a week.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2018 at 5:25 AM, Blood Willow said:

Havent read the Manga, but I have seen the Golden Egg of the King movies, and have all of it downloaded to watch when I get the chance

;o curious to hear your reaction