Project OrangeBerries

Basically I'm gonna be making a Text-Based fighter using the C Programming language.

Planned stuff:

• Full functioning menu
  • A shop to buy misc items
  • Special / Special Bar
  • Stamina (Energy)

Finished stuff:

• Partially functioning Menu

Please note that I am still a beginner programmer, I don't know much C, seeing as I'm still learning it. Mostly this is for helping me learn since I learn by doing, instead of learning by reading how to do.

This game is gonna be similar to Mortal Kombat / Street Fighter if I had to give an exact example of it.

Like in the sense of the Menu feel to it and how the game play is. Which means the only player input needed while actually playing is just the fighting. Also needing to be said, it's not going to be rips of either, no moves from either will be added. It will also be turn based.

Edited by lelouchxLamperouge

Basically I'm gonna be making a Text-Based fighter using the C Programming language.

Oh? Text-based? Are you going to be using ncurses to draw ASCII art, or do you mean text-based as in literal text-based adventure?

Planned stuff:

• Full functioning menu
  • A shop to buy misc items
  • Special / Special Bar
  • Stamina (Energy)

Finished stuff:

• Partially functioning Menu

Please note that I am still a beginner programmer, I don't know much C, seeing as I'm still learning it. Mostly this is for helping me learn since I learn by doing, instead of learning by reading how to do.

This seems to answer my question. All I have to really say is, good luck! It would be cool to have a retro-styled game where it utilizes the classic command line approach.. ncurses could probably be a good option for you, but there's also libconio as well. Either way, good luck!

Oh? Text-based? Are you going to be using ncurses to draw ASCII art, or do you mean text-based as in literal text-based adventure?

At this point I'm really not even sure to be honest. Probably gonna be literally text-based. Seeing as how I suck at ASCII art. But I'll think about it. Anything is possible at this point.

This seems to answer my question. All I have to really say is, good luck! It would be cool to have a retro-styled game where it utilizes the classic command line approach.. ncurses could probably be a good option for you, but there's also libconio as well. Either way, good luck!

Thanks, I'll take a look at ncurses / libconio after a little bit here. I at least want to get the menu to be fully functioning, or at least as much as I can for now.

Also forgot to include this in the original post.

This game is gonna be similar to Mortal Kombat / Street Fighter if I had to give an exact example of it.

Like in the sense of the Menu feel to it and how the game play is. Which means the only player input needed while actually playing is just the fighting. Also needing to be said, it's not going to be rips of either, no moves from either will be added. It will also be turn based.

@Luke, yeah I sorta didn't plan it that way but I can't be bothered to learn how to set up something real time for text based.

@GM, I probably will, if I don't I can always send you the code over facebook or something.

=====================================Updates============================================================

The menu is pretty much ALL functioning now, the exception is I don't have load / save routines set up, and I don't have the store set up either.

I'm still having a rough time with trying to set up the actual fighting. And for now it will remain literal text based.