minecraft .hack// stuff

Shirosuke

We are currently building the hulle granz cathedral theme out of noteblocks, and it will be constantly playing under the floor, so that the closer you get to the door, the louder the music gets, just like in the games. It's definitely a lot harder than i thought it would be. We run the server on Hamachi, and will soon be making Mac Anu, as well as an attempt at a chaos gate mod (pretty much warping to different coordinates on the map based on stuff typed in chat). Right now it's just two people, me and my friend/about to be roommate Kevin, so progress is slow, but I'll definitely keep posting updates if anyone is interested. I'm also introducing my friend to this site. He just got back from a semester at UAT(university of advancing technology) in Arizona, and he already has some game design experience, so he might even want to help out with the game if anyone's willing to let him

Anyway, getting back on topic, if anyone wants to explore Mac Anu when its finished or help build any of it, let me know on here or in a private message. (Also if anyone has a working copy of //infection, pictures of most of Mac Anu would be appreciated for mapping purposes)

Also, yes, luke, minecraft IS great. lol.

And if you want to check out my friend's youtube channel, it's called "Entertainment Breach". He started it with some of his friends in Arizona. The channel could use love. Any updates to our .hack// project will be posted there in the future.

**LAST ADDITION TO THIS POST: I will include the texture pack with which it is best to view the server once we make it public. Working on that right now too :ohmanohgod: so, lots to do, but I'm pretty much pouring all of my spare time into this, so I'll hopefully have some results if you all are interested.

Edited by Shirosuke

Just be warned that multiverse wasn't working on GDU's server after that last update... When I googled around I saw people were recommending a different mod with similar functionality instead... I'd pull it up for you right now but its on my laptop and my poor lappy's literally smoking right now after spending all day developing Pwn Squad on it... Old computers lol

I've been doing some work, and I'm actually using the in-world teleportation from runecraft, same code, but the points are variables controlled by user input. i'm just waiting on my reply to my "asking for permission" email <_<

But if push comes to shove I'll suck it up and brute force my own. I SHOULD have pictures of the chaos-gate room thingy and the path all the way to the fountain +the fountain itself by tomorrow. I was a little preoccupied with the Scott Pilgrim game on xbox arcade x.x but I'm back to work lol

I think multiverse is pretty much the best one for such things out there. I've tried it since a couple of weeks ago, and as long as "that last update" wasn't a couple of days ago then it should be perfectly fine. Seems to get updated often too (for when it may explode in future updates)

No idea how the runecraft one works, but the multiverse one allows you to create portals by selecting an area that warps you to where ever when touching it, which I thought was pretty cool (I had it so you jump into a huge hole and warp to safety just as you reach the bottom lol)

Maybe the way you create portals with it changed? (Using a wooden pickaxe or whatever and so on?)

I use it once fine, then went to use it again and I thought it was bugged too. Turned out I had just forgotten how to make portals correctly >_< lol

When following the commands correctly on the first page of it got it to work perfectly.

Still in full swing. Getting ready to move to a new apartment with super-computer-having roommate, and that shall be grand! then I can run minecraft AND other things at the SAME TIME :o

and with the texture pack I am ABSOLUTELY ripping some stuff from Chrono Trigger, so expect to see some of those beauties.

Updates soon. I promise.

**To be honest I didn't expect open mouth smiley to look so devastated. My apologies.

Edited by Shirosuke

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mac Anu progress! Sorry for the delay. And, Luke, now I have backups galore.

I haven't added the texture pack yet, I have to rearrange that because of the patch.

mac1-1.png

mac2-1.png

mac3-1.png

mac4.png

Reference

Deltaserver.png

Right now, unfortunately, because my internet company doesn't want me hosting servers, all of this has been SSP solo builds, using INVedit and the Flying mod. I just now modified the top of the tower so that it would look better, pics after I wake up later today I guess.

Edited by Shirosuke