Sign in to follow this  
roru_aurarios

Bad Language Control...

Anji Roru Aurarios: "Uhm...I have notice that there are little to some topics that have couple to several words that are bad. Can anyone create a blockade to some of them? And also create some rules upon that as well? Thank you in advance."

We're working on a solution for censoring swear words for people who want it, however, the built-in censor for IPB actually changes the content of posts, which is pretty problematic and generally against our philosophy at GDU. Gm's working on a better solution so you'll have to be patient.

Sorry!

We're working on a solution but it may be a little while before we get one going. The problem is in how IPB stores posts, we don't want to permanently mangle posts with censors

GM pitched to me an idea on how we could handle a script that censors posts on the fly for people who don't like curse words and leaves it uncensored for people who do

Until its done please be patient! Thanks

And grow up, it's just a word.

If someone's using language you really don't like, then instead of just censoring them you can just ignore them (as in, add them to your ignore list on the forums).

imo.

And grow up, it's just a word.

If someone's using language you really don't like, then instead of just censoring them you can just ignore them (as in, add them to your ignore list on the forums).

imo.

This.

i am thising this.

lol wtf quote chains show up in pink I gotta fix that

I preferred the original green quote boxes, personally. They worked well enough.

I just thought it may of supposed to of been Japanese but came out very wrong, which is why I said what I did :P

There's quite a few countries that use Chinese like characters though, so I have no way of telling 100% if something is Chinese or not, as I know no Chinese :P