hawthorneluke

Where'd the mapping board go?

If any of you still want to seriously map and view the mapping board, then contact me and I can make that possible. But please don't bother if you're not 100% serious. (??? is taking priority be warned though)

im 100% serious that i still want to, though having time to do so, i don't know..

This computer's a mess and I've used a few while you've been mapping, Blood Willow, so I'm not sure where all of your latest maps are, but I know you've made quite some good ones and they're not in the game :D

Keep hold of your best bunch if you still have them and hopefully we can get someone like Fragment to make them 100% game ready and we can finally see them in the game.

Same goes for everyone else's good maps.

I'll have to see if I can get any of my old maps. But if nothing else, I'll make a few new ones. I can try to make a new swamp one for you too :) I know you liked that one, and sadly I no longer has it :(

At least me and gm112 have it somewhere :P

Thing is, unless they really are 100% complete where I can just stick it in the game and there will be NO problems what so ever, I won't be putting it in the game >_<

If you just give the two ID's it asks for the same number for both warps (that connect to each other) and make sure those numbers are unique to the map, they should work fine. May not work in the previewer though.

Yeah, that's I am told. i just can't get it to work >.< When I get my new map made, maybe I'll ask you then :P Cause then I have something to try it on. Thanks though :)

Well that's all you have to do so I'll tell you the exact same thing next time too lol

But I have a feeling for some reason it's not working in the previewer.... But if it is made like that though, it should be fine lol

I always used to make my maps 100% complete... helped frag a few times.... but it is very labor intensive, you have to LOVE your terminal. 8x8 mapping tiles are fun.... but im the only one i know that would go into that much detail.

Edited by GakkenGod

Can I get a download link for map maker somewhere? Or will just googling it work? I've got plenty of spare time spent just playing games anyways, id be more than 101% happy to help.

Can I get a download link for map maker somewhere? Or will just googling it work? I've got plenty of spare time spent just playing games anyways, id be more than 101% happy to help.

You have to get the permission to view the link from Luke

Just curious, but what mapping program do you guys use? I just remember awhile back Luke had told me that the program was hard to use or something...(though maybe my memory is just failing me now XD)

Anyway, to the point. I'm in the process of finishing up my TW2D's game map editor. If you want, when I'm done with it I could give it over to you. I'm going to be making a video of it's features, how to use it, ect. I'm going for simplicity of use.

Also, your probably going to say "our map data files are different from yours", ya I know that. I'm implementing Lua scripting support to allow people to format/write their data to files their own way. ^^

I'm not completely sure how much longer my map editor will take to finish, but I'm trying to hurry it up. Oh, and just one neat feature I'm programming into it...cooperative map editing! So more than one person can edit the same map over a network. Just makes map making a tad bit more fun!