We're trying our best to get graphics artists to make custom character sprites (and all sorts really) for us. Classes will be based on .hack ones as well as things like skills and items etc. But this is not a .hack clone, but it's own game, just based on .hack. So it'll still have that .hack feel to it wink.png

We're trying to get maps made (original ones as well as famous .hack ones) as well and the game is slowly being expanded with them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

that's an awesome game so far xD so when do you think you'll finish it ;) oh yeah... you guys should add more customization to how you start out, you don't wanna a ton of people looking exactly the

uhmm.. make the characters realistic size... please... they all look like.. dwarfs?.. lol.. and classes would be nice? :P they all look different but i cant tell which ones a assassin or wizard or s

This has been brought back online! After 10 years of downtime. https://theworld.gd-u.com/game/The World.exe

Posted Images

I could help!, I dont know with what, but I could, and also You should advertise more, theres never anyoen one

How can you help without knowing what you're helping with? >_<

I don't see a huge point "advertising" that much because there's barely anything to do in the game at the moment, but people like you could spread the word of this project if you want to help but can't think of anything else to do to help, as long as it's not just spamming it in places where people don't want to know as that'd just be the complete opposite and give the project a bad name very easily and reduce its popularity >_<

I could help!, I dont know with what, but I could, and also You should advertise more, theres never anyoen one

How can you help without knowing what you're helping with? >_<

I don't see a huge point "advertising" that much because there's barely anything to do in the game at the moment, but people like you could spread the word of this project if you want to help but can't think of anything else to do to help, as long as it's not just spamming it in places where people don't want to know as that'd just be the complete opposite and give the project a bad name very easily and reduce its popularity >_<

ok, I have someone else that might be able to help then, he could help with the sprites maybe

• 4 weeks later...

uhm...Luke. i was wondering. are you guys ganna make the graphics 3D like the Graphics on Mabinogi? if so it would really make the game Alot better  o.o sorry if it sounds like I'm insulting Ur work  bigsmile.png I'm not, i want to be a game designer when i grow up so  :[ more power to u. Great game so far btw  >wink.png

Hey Spencer, first of all, welcome to the community!

As of right now, the graphics that you see in game are "place holder" graphics. Unfortunately graphic work is incredibly time consuming, and as such we felt it was the most viable solution to allow players to enjoy the game prior to its' full release.

Our PLANS as far as graphics are not to go into 3D territory though, as we believe we are capable of beautiful 2D graphics greater than what we'd be capable of on a 3D scale. This is a conversation Luke and myself have shared time and time again, and we truly feel that by going with 2D graphics we were not limiting ourselves, but creating something both unique, and beautiful, as well as original.

That being said, I guess you're just going to have to stick around for now, and take my word for it.  >wink.png

• 2 weeks later...

Yokume's lips contain words of wisdom...

Lawlz, shoot me~ (just kidding) I'm very used to using formats while posting in a forum, so it's a habit of mine, but that isn't much of a post format, as my actions with my posts are more limited here than on gaiaonline (go there a lot...which explains my absence~)

I don't know...I've reinstalled it plenty of times. It used to work~

I get this runtime error, files cannot be loaded, etc~ meh |: it's weird, since everything should be there...

...So you'd better remember what she says~ :3

Hello, I am Raiku I have recently joined and having some problems playing "The World"

When I try to run the game from file. dot hack The World,It downloaded all the files as normal than I clicked on Play under my computer and protected. After all of this was complete the game starter to run. As the game started it came up with three errors. 1. Failed to load file (settings.dat) 2. Failed to load external data. Make sure you are starting the game from the main launcher (The World.exe) and not Engine.exe (By the way Engine is what is coming up I have no idea where to get launcher) and that you are connected to the internet. 3. Failed to load external data (3.2). After this happens the game closes... If anyone could help me I would be very very grateful.

Hope to see you guys in-game soon!!

Raiku

To Raiku and yokume210:

Try uninstalling the game, then go to the folder it was installed to (c:program filesdot hack) and delete whatever is remaining there, manually.

Then try installing the game again, but this time install it to my documents and let me know if there's any difference.

Also if you're on XP and it some weird pop up about running as other users or something when you click Play Game, try various options with it (such as ticking any check boxes, or leaving them blank etc).

BTW, tell me ( mail ) when u guys r done. I might sound demanding, but can u guys make the game look like "The World" in the .Hack show, like 3D ppl and big monsters?

Haha, nah. 3D was never in the design plan when I was involved with the project.

Yokume's lips contain words of wisdom...

Works now, thanks~!

...So you'd better remember what she says~ :3

Goodie that it works!

To Raiku and yokume210:

Try uninstalling the game, then go to the folder it was installed to (c:program filesdot hack) and delete whatever is remaining there, manually.

Then try installing the game again, but this time install it to my documents and let me know if there's any difference.

Also if you're on XP and it some weird pop up about running as other users or something when you click Play Game, try various options with it (such as ticking any check boxes, or leaving them blank etc).

Sounds like an installer fail. I could write you a new installer if needed, Luke?