Below is a partial list of upcoming first- and third- party games for the new Nintendo 3DS system. Note that game titles are subject to change.

Activision Publishing, Inc.

DJ Hero? 3D

AQ INTERACTIVE

cubic ninja

ATLUS

Etrian Odyssey

Shin Megami Tensei

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor

Capcom

RESIDENT EVIL? REVELATIONS

SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV 3D Edition (name not final)

Electronic Arts

FIFA Soccer

Madden NFL

The Sims? 3

Gameloft

Asphalt GT

Harmonix

Music game

HUDSON SOFT

Bomberman franchise

DECA SPORTS franchise

KORORINPA franchise

KONAMI

Baseball franchise

Contra franchise

Frogger franchise

HIDEO KOJIMA?S METAL GEAR SOLID SNAKE EATER 3D ?The Naked Sample?

PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER franchise /

WINNING ELEVEN franchise

LEVEL-5

Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle (name not final)

Majesco Entertainment

BloodRayne: The Shroud

A Boy and His Blob

Face Racers: Photo Finish

Lion?s Pride: Adventures on the Serengeti

Martha Stewart

WonderWorld Amusement Park

Marvelous Entertainment

BOKUJYOUMONOGATARI 3D (name not final)

NAMCO BANDAI Games

Dragon Ball? franchise (name not final)

Gundam? franchise (name not final)

PAC-MAN? & GALAGA? (name not final)

RIDGE RACER? (name not final)

Super Robot franchise (name not final)

Nintendo

Animal Crossing?

Kid Icarus?: Uprising

Mario Kart?

nintendogs? + cats

Paper Mario?

PilotWings Resort?

Star Fox 64? 3D

Steel Diver?

ROCKET

Crash-City GP

VS-robo

SEGA

Sonic (name not final)

Super Monkey Ball (name not final)

SQUARE ENIX

CODENAME: Chocobo Racing? 3D

DRAGON QUEST? franchise

FINAL FANTASY? franchise

KINGDOM HEARTS franchise

Take-Two Interactive

Carnival Games? franchise

TECMO KOEI GAMES

DEAD OR ALIVE? 3D (name not final)

DYNASTY WARRIORS? (name not final)

NINJA GAIDEN? (name not final)

SAMURAI WARRIORS? 3D (name not final)

TOMY

LOVELY LISA 3D

NARUTO SHIPPUDEN ACTION

THQ

de Blob 2

Kung Fu Panda Kaboom of Doom

Marvel Super Hero Squad Infinity Gauntlet

The Penguins of Madagascar

Puss N Boots

Saints Row: Drive-By

Ubisoft

Assassin?s Creed? Lost Legacy

Battle of Giants?: Dinosaur Strike

Driver? Renegade

Hollywood 61 (name not final)

Tom Clancy?s Ghost Recon?

Tom Clancy?s Splinter Cell Chaos Theory?

Warner Bros

Batman franchise

LEGO franchise

Handheld info:

Size (when closed): Approximately 5.3 inches wide, 2.9 inches long, 0.8 inches tall.

Weight: Approximately 8 ounces.

Look: Final design is TBA.

Top Screen: 3.53-inch widescreen LCD display, enabling 3D view without the need for special

glasses; with 800x240 pixel resolution (400 pixels are allocated for each eye to

enable 3D viewing).

Touch Screen: 3.02-inch LCD with 320x240 pixel resolution with a touch screen.

Cameras: One inner camera and two outer cameras with 640x480 (0.3 Mega) pixel resolution.

Pre-Installed Software: TBA

Nintendo 3DS Game Card: 2 GB Max. at launch.

Wireless Communication: Can communicate in the 2.4 GHz band. Multiple Nintendo 3DS systems can connect

via a local wireless connection to let users communicate or enjoy competitive game

play. Systems also can connect to LAN access points to access the Internet and

allow people to enjoy games with others. Will support IEEE 802.11 with enhanced

security (WPA/WPA2). Nintendo 3DS hardware is designed so that even when not in

use, it can automatically exchange data with other Nintendo 3DS systems or receive

data via the Internet while in sleep mode.

Game Controls: Touch screen, embedded microphone, A/B/X/Y face buttons, + Control Pad, L/R

buttons, Start and Select buttons, ?Slide Pad? that allows 360-degree analog input,

one inner camera, two outer cameras, motion sensor and a gyro sensor.

Other Input Controls: 3D Depth Slider to adjust level of 3D effect (can be scaled back or turned off

completely depending on the preference of the user), Home button to call system

function, Wireless switch to turn off wireless communications (even during game

play), Power button. The telescoping stylus is approximately 4 inches when fully

extended.

Input/Output: A port that accepts both Nintendo 3DS game cards and game cards for the Nintendo

DS? family of systems, an SD memory card slot, an AC adapter connector, a

charging cradle terminal and a stereo headphone output jack.

Sound: Stereo speakers positioned to the left and right of the top screen.

Battery: Lithium ion battery details TBA.

Languages: TBA

Parental Controls: Parental controls similar to the Nintendo DSi system will be included.

3DS_KH3D_01ss01_E3.png

3DS_ACrossing_01ss01_E3.png

3DS_MarioKart_05ss05_E3.png

3DS_Starfox64_03ss03_E3.png

you all owe me one

Post merged: [time]1276628054[/time]

I don't have any information on this topic, but I think that this was a useless update, all they really did was add 3D graphics and make it a bit bigger... 

The 3DS makes a few advancements from the Nintendo DS installment. I've heard that it's running on the Nvidia Terga platform so it's most certainly not just an upgrade from the standard DS. Apparently the LCD screens are 3DLCDs, but I've never used one myself =. But, yeah.

gameboy -> gba - bigger, full colour screen, more buttons

gba -> ds - bigger, two screens, one touch, wifi

ds -> 3ds - bigger, 3D screen, motion detection, more input (thumb slider thing + cameras), and then the better online/wifi communication stuff (communicating all the time no matter what game you're in etc)

and then of course each one getting technically better power wise. I think it's a good enough successor. Definitely not just a DSi like upgrade.

Just before they got to the 3DS stuff at the press conference, I thought meh, I won't get one for a while.

Now seeing it I really want one XD

All the 3rd party support is extremely epic too.

(BTW I've used a 3D screen on a Japanese phone about  year ago and didn't like it, but I trust nintendo to deliver what's just right for gamers. Proof starts with the 3D "volume" slider I guess)

kid Icarus looked amazing for a ds game.. that 3ds is going to blow other 3d systems away, especially the ones that require glasses rofl..

im looking forward to the starfox 64 remake on it.

id like to see some actual footage of it though.

They don't really allow you to take any shots of the screens, as of course you cant view the real deal like that and so don't want people judging it just from that, and of course with it just being a 64 remake a video wouldn't do much lol

Looks like there's at long last going to be an OoT remake too lol

Nothing dealing with the motion controls right now it seems though

And yeah, PS3 needs you to have what? A PS3, eye, move + extra bit?, 3D TV, glasses... lol >_<

Would probably be very nice if I could get all of that stuff, but nintendo building it into their hardware as the main features and having the games built around that is a smart move imo, as in reality, I'm never going to be able to enjoy all the best the PS3 has to offer :/ But I will easily with he 3DS I feel :D

though.. we wont dont know what kind of 3d the 3ds uses... some say its not the pop out of the screen 3d :D

i actually wouldn't mind that if it doesn't..

And yeah, PS3 needs you to have what? A PS3, eye, move + extra bit?, 3D TV, glasses... lol >_<

yea, they are requiring a good bit stuff for just few extras. i know that if i want motion controlled games, ill stick to the wii. i think ps3 could have done better than do something already done.

though.. we wont dont know what kind of 3d the 3ds uses... some say its not the pop out of the screen 3d :P

There are different kinds of 3D now? :D

If it doesn't have the factor of depth, then it'd just be 2D, like it has been up until now lol

If it does, then it's 3D, and everyone's talking about that depth.

What else is there?

Not as if all that's new is 3D-ness though :[

I thought the 3D it may be gimmicky, but glad to hear it's all working awesomely :[

@Crim: yeah, not so attractive when it's nothing new >_<

Also this made me lol: http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/903426984_Tg2it-L.jpg

though.. we wont dont know what kind of 3d the 3ds uses... some say its not the pop out of the screen 3d :P

There are different kinds of 3D now? :D

If it doesn't have the factor of depth, then it'd just be 2D, like it has been up until now lol

If it does, then it's 3D, and everyone's talking about that depth.

What else is there?

Not as if all that's new is 3D-ness though :P

I thought the 3D it may be gimmicky, but glad to hear it's all working awesomely :P

@Crim: yeah, not so attractive when it's nothing new >_<

Also this made me lol: http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/903426984_Tg2it-L.jpg

who says you need to things pop out of the screen to create depth

how. the. hell. does. it. DO THAT?!?!

i thought i wouldn't post here until i saw that video.

the 3d that doesn't pop out but goes IN?!

i'd love to know the mechanics behind that :D

That's a DSi game. It uses the camera to detect how you're moving the DS then just moves the camera in the scene in the game, so it's as if the DS's screens are a window into a 3D world, where you can move the point of view around but just moving the DS around, quite naturally.

The game play is 3D, like 99% of games today, just the method of moving the DS to move the camera makes things look rather natural and cool.

The 3DS uses a 3D screen, so you do not only see the horizontal and vertical planes like a normal screen, but the depth plane too, just like seeing a film in 3D, just without the glasses (so no need to carry an extra accessory around and no loss in screen brightness etc).

You need two eyes to comprehend depth and the any 3D films/games, including the 3DS has two different versions of what its displaying for each eye. You see one with one eye, one with the other, therefore enabling even a film or a game to be viewed in 3D and for you to actually see depth.

That DSi game is completely different. The 3DS IS the "jump out" type, as that's the only type of real 3D there is, as the 3rd dimension would be... depth (going in and out, not left and right or up and down). You can see no real depth on the DSi, or on that video, as your computer's screen wouldn't be a 3D one (unless it is of course lol, but then that video's not made for it so again it'd still just be 2D emulating a 3D effect of things getting smaller as they go off into the distance, like all "3D" games have been up until recently.)

Listen to some of the 3DS impression videos:

http://ds.kombo.com/article.php?artid=8045

and

http://www.destructoid.com/e3-10-hollie-and-holmes-vs-the-3ds-176947.phtml

for just a few.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I really want need one too lol

I'll be in Japan from November, which while is a VERY good thing, also means my money will soon probably completely disappear (from the fact that I'll need a new phone, which while I could probably get a year or tow old one for free, I probably wouldn't be able to resist getting the newest one >_< and have rent/food etc to pay/buy >_<)

Apparently Nintendo are going to publicise release date(s) and pricing plans... on the last day of September I think it was? (Check all the big game sites for confirmation if needed)