Apeiron's 3D models! (of doom?)

hey guys, it's been a while since i posted any models, and the last models i posted are extremely outdated. so i thought i'd make this topic for every model i have, finished or unfinished. i can take requests but please remember i can't model people. enjoy!

[FINISHED MODELS]

casleprev.png

weaponprev.png

spikeprev.png

rock.png

[uNFINISHED MODELS]

dunloireagpreview.png

nma2.png

madgrassprev.png

discoknifeprev.png

basemodel.png

[OTHER][OLD]

watrtechfinished.png

apeipreveiw.png

--------------------------------------

be sure to give feedback if anything needs to be changed on them!

Edited by apeiron
[[Template forums/front/topics/activity is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

thanks :D of course i have to get around to finishing applying those textures XD (BTW the sky and water will NOT be in the finished product, those were there to get you to have the feel of mac anu. i will however will have cleaner water/sky in the finished product)

they don't look horrible in wings3d, but im not sure what realmcrafter could do with my models, i'll have to find out when i get it i guess :D till then i plan on continuing to improve my models, but eventually there will come a time when i need to stop using rmXP edits, when that time comes i'll have to ask people to make textures. i won't worry about it now but the time will come... unless i somehow magically buy and learn photoshop in one day XD

unless i somehow magically buy and learn photoshop in one day XD

don't buy photoshop lol, its way too much money.. but it is possible to learn in one day.

thats why i want to wait for someone experienced(and with someone that has) photoshop to make textures. at this time though its not necessary, so i wont stress about it now :D

You'll want to learn normal mapping, especially for models like the guardian.

I bet there are techniques to have multiple normal maps for the renderer to switch between in real-time to give an even more authentic effect, but you'll basically want some kind of rendering techniques applied to it.

Normal Mapping is probably a good start.

i know very well what rendering is, but just iin case i looked it up, then i looked up wings3d

models made in Wings are exported to applications more specialized in rendering and animation such as Blender.

it has a sorta kinda rendering like function, but its best to export it to a different program for rendering and animation :D which i dont have right now lol

i know very well what rendering is, but just iin case i looked it up, then i looked up wings3d

models made in Wings are exported to applications more specialized in rendering and animation such as Blender.

it has a sorta kinda rendering like function, but its best to export it to a different program for rendering and animation tongue.png which i dont have right now lol

Well, yes, the article on wikipedia makes it quite clear that it has a renderer (and to be fair, it wouldn't be possible for it to handle 3D unless it had some manner of renderer)... So that renderer can be used for better results. Like applying a normal map.

Just because people supposedly doesn't use it, that doesn't mean there is none :>