Sign in to follow this  
Jeod

Staff

Current staff administrators are gm112, Porkchop, and Walnut100. All in all, a good team in my opinion. However, as is tradition with Gamers and Developers Unlimited's policy, it is my objection to enable the community to choose the staff. Here's what happens.

-Current staff should post background info, indicating how they got to the position and why they should stay in it.

-Community should also post background info about themselves and state what they think they can contribute if they were on staff.

-Community should nominate 2-3 administrators for staff, and 2 global moderators for staff. (I am already the leader of the community project, but that can change if the community speaks out about it)

You forgot MG-Zero on Admin and Kren on mod. (Kren hasn't registered yet)

You're CP Mod.

I feel like its a pretty solid team overall, and we've discussed it quite a bit on the old site :

Too many administrators for the userbase as of now. I think we should limit ourselves to two or three until we have 20+ members.

Too many administrators for the userbase as of now. I think we should limit ourselves to two or three until we have 20+ members.

We have 4 currently. I don't see the problem with having 4 administrators.

Walnut and MG are more of the 'community' admins. (With Wally being the root admin as well)

GM and I handle technical stuff.

You could even call MG the art admin tongue.png

We couldn't have gotten this up with any of the four missing, so I'd say its fine. Its really hard to say there's "too many" admins, unless the admins hate each other, which we all get along fine.

Yeah but we also need the admins to get along with the community and be able to make fair decisions. For example, if one breaks the rules severely, the others need to be good enough to demote him/her.

Yeah but we also need the admins to get along with the community and be able to make fair decisions. For example, if one breaks the rules severely, the others need to be good enough to demote him/her.

The admins get along fine with the 'community'.

Obviously if one of us break the rules severely, punishment will be handed out.

I don't know where you're going with this.

If you notice, we have a mod feedback button. If you have problems with actions a mod/admin makes, they go straight to me, and even if they're against me, I post them in staff discussion, and we get everyone to take a look at it tongue.png

wow jeodd, site has only been up a few days and you're already assuming the staff is corrupt or something.

Someone seems a little mad he isn't an admin/mod anymore

wow jeodd, site has only been up a few days and you're already assuming the staff is corrupt or something.

Someone seems a little mad he isn't an admin/mod anymore

FISSURE for prez on this oneĀ  :D.

Current staff administrators are gm112, Porkchop, and Walnut100. All in all, a good team in my opinion. However, as is tradition with Gamers and Developers Unlimited's policy, it is my objection to enable the community to choose the staff. Here's what happens.

-Current staff should post background info, indicating how they got to the position and why they should stay in it.

-Community should also post background info about themselves and state what they think they can contribute if they were on staff.

-Community should nominate 2-3 administrators for staff, and 2 global moderators for staff. (I am already the leader of the community project, but that can change if the community speaks out about it)

Well if you want to know why or how we got our position we can answer that. If people want to be on the staff they are welcomed as long as they have plenty of good points but currently we have many to actually need more. And we currently don't have a big community to actually add more mods or admins that they are choosen by the community.

Jeod if you really have a complaint about the current staff you should pm one of the admin with good and solid points validating your view and we will analyse it and take an action depending on what you write. Right now you are having contradictory points of view, in your first post you mentioned that you want to add more mods and admins that are chosen by the community but later in this post:

you say that they are many of administrators. I have been mentioned that part of the admins are just there to fix bugs and improve the general layout and management of the forum.

As of my, well I am the only mod, I had some experience being the Community Project leader in ZFGC, and I was Wiki Staff, I have experience, I am also a Judge in comunidadgm.org (I go by the nickname of "K")a Spanish Gamemaking forum, in which I judge a monthly contest. I don't have the best experience out there but I can defend myself like a tiger roar, ;3.

If you want to argue with this just add me to hotmail, as long as you have good reasons and arguements, for now I will lock this topic.